- Be at least 18 years old
- Hold at least a current private pilot certificate
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- Pass the required knowledge test on the aeronautical knowledge areas listed in §61.125
- Pass a practical test on the areas of operation listed in §61.127(b) of this part that apply to the aircraft rating sought.
- A person who applies for a commercial pilot certificate, single-engine airplane rating under this Part must have logged at least 250 hours of total flight time that consists of 100 hours of PIC time which includes at least 50 hours of cross-country flight time.
Flight Training Required & Cost (*For an airplane rating)
- 20 Hours of Dual Instruction
- **10 Hours Dual Instruction in Beech Sundowner @ $287/hr = $2,870
- **This 10 hours of Dual Instruction is not required if the applicant is Instrument Rated
- *10 hours of Complex Airplane in Beech Sierra @ $355/hr = $3,550
- 10 Hours of Solo flight in Beech Sundowner @ $205/hr = $2,050
- FAA Knowledge Test: $175
- Study Materials: $150
- Practical Test Fee: $500
**Total Minimum Cost: $9,295
**This is the absolute minimum cost, based on the FAA’s minimum requirements for a Commercial Pilot Certificate, Single-Engine Airplane Rating.This figure also assumes the applicant will complete a home-study course, as there is no ground instruction factored into this figure. Ground Instruction = $82/hr.
Please contact us for more information regarding the requirements and benefits of training under part 141 rules.